National Collegiate Athletic Association
Play Division I or II Sports
To compete in NCAA sports at a Division I school, you need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center and make sure you stay on track in meeting the initial-eligibility standards. If you have questions about your eligibility or the registration process, call toll free at 1-877-262-1492. Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center
Where do I start?
- Ask your counselor for a list of your high school’s NCAA core courses to make sure you take the right classes.
- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at eligibilitycenter.org.
- Check with your counselor to make sure you will graduate on time with the required number of NCAA core courses.
- Take the ACT or SAT and submit your scores to the NCAA using code 9999.
- At the end of the year, ask your counselor to upload your official transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Finish your last NCAA core courses.
- Take the ACT or SAT again, if necessary, and submit your scores to the NCAA using code 9999.
- Complete all academic and amateurism questions in your NCAA Eligibility Center account at eligibilitycenter.org.
- After you graduate, ask your counselor to submit your final official transcript with proof of graduation to the NCAA Eligibility Center.